Sat, 14 Oct|
ROASTED - A coffee lover's experience
Learn to make your own coffee blend!
Time & Location
14 Oct 2023, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Kerikeri, 2 Sammaree Place, Kerikeri 0230, New Zealand
About the event
Join MAX Coffee for our new experience at our roastery in Kerikeri.
ROASTED is one out of the box. A unique experience where we will guide you through the process of creating your very own unique coffee blend.
- We’ll start off by teaching you to recognise aromas using the same methods that sommelier’s use to train thier palettes. Think you know what an orange smells like? Lets see...
- Next we’ll move on to a demonstration of roasting where you can see the beans change colour before your eyes and learn the key flavour characteristics of the beans depending on what profile they are roasted to.
- Tasting! We’ll touch on how you can further manipulate the taste of a roast through different manual brewing methods and give you tips and techniques to replicate at home. You’ll be amazed at the difference brewing methods can make to the same batch of beans.
- Using what you’ve learnt in identifying aromas and flavours, we will then start on the creative madness - making your own blend. You will taste and analyse some of our single origin coffees and map out the key characteristics of each one according to your own palette. Once we have run you through the basics of blending, we will leave you to stew in your creative juices and create a sample of your perfect coffee blend.
- You’ll brew your blend using the filter method we teach you and we’ll taste each others blends, discuss and compare.
- We’ll blend up a bag of your beans to take home with you while you sip on something delicious.
This is a great experience for the coffee- curious. Whether you're new to drinking coffee or a devout coffee enthusiast who is keen to learn a bit more about the brew you just can't live without, you'll leave with a buzz having learnt some skills that will level up your coffee game.
Includes a 200g bag of your very own coffee blend!
This ticket includes a 200g bag of your own coffee blend to take home.$85.00